Thursday, August 27, 2015

New favorite store!

So I had seen pictures of The Lucky Knot on Pinterest, and really wanted to go there. I had a feeling, though, like most preppy stores, that it wasn't near me. I looked it up, though, and was shocked! They opened a store in Old Town Alexandria, which wasn't that far from my house! For my birthday my friends and I headed down there to check it out, and the moment I stepped through the doors, I had a mini heart attack. A preppy could die in here, it was so perfect. Bins of koozies, shelves and shelves of preppy tees, racks with these gorgeous dresses and tables scattered with jewelry and Lilly items. I wanted to go crazy! I had just got a bunch of stuff for my birthday, so I limited myself, but I know when I return soon, my wallet will get a nice workout. Check it out!



I'm in love with this store! When I told the checkout lady where we were from, she gasped. "Your'e kind of close, but forty minutes is still quite a trip! You came all the way out here for us?" When I explained it was my birthday, she immediately pulled out a box of stickers. She gave us each (there was five of us) six preppy stickers and thanked us for coming. The atmosphere was great-- all of the ladies were dressed impeccably, were so polite, and loved to help pick out the perfect item. I worry for this store, because it is so close to the water, it gets flooded a lot. The store in that location before them, not too long ago, pulled out because it got too flooded (see below)
I want The Lucky Knot to succeed, and in no way am I promoting them because they asked me. I just really love the store and think you should definitely check it out! They have stores in Alexandria, Va, and in Annapolis, MD. I love you lucky Knot!



No comments:

Post a Comment