Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Favorite Places

If you can't decide where to go on summer vacation, I've got you covered. Here are my top three favorite places in the United States. Enjoy!

1. Middleburg, Virginia
Middleburg is my absolute favorite place ever, and I'm not just saying that because I live nearby. I have so many good memories of eating at the adorable restaurants and delis, going to the annual Middleburg Christmas Parade, shopping, going to wineries, and growing up. The cute Red Fox Inn, pictured above, is the best place ever, and where I tried George Washington's favorite peanut soup. The butcher shop, also above, is where my dad goes often. The new Salamander Resort is now really popular, and take it from me, super cute and relaxing, too. Middleburg is known as Horse and Wine country, and it is. There is tons of wineries that my parents enjoy, and the Middleburg Fox Hunt is a big deal. Every Christmas during the parade, all the hounds and horses parade down the street. There is preppy, plaid and Ralph Lauren sporting people walking cute dogs everywhere, and it's a preppie's home as well as my own. 




2. Charleston, South Carolina






Charleston is my other home away from home. Every summer we take a trip to the Carolina's, and Charleston is one of my favorite stops. The lush, green grass, colorful georgian-style houses, cobblestone streets, and, of course, King's Street, are among the reasons Charleston is one of the best places on earth. The preppiest shops and highest rated restaurants line King's Street, and the fashion is crazy, as you can tell by my-preppy-even-as-a-kid vineyard polo dress and Lilly dress. I recommend SNOB for lunch, Magnolia's for dinner, and on a fancy night, Hall's Chophouse for a friendly, delicious, but expensive steak night. 



3. Newport, Rhode Island 

This town is perfect for all of the sailing type preppies. My dad's friend lives here, so we stay at their house and explore Newport. There is some crazy mansions, including the Rockefeller's other home, the first picture I listed. There is great shopping, eating, and beaching. I got tons of seaside-prep stuff here, like monogrammed jewelry, anchor and knot bracelets, and vineyard vines clothes. Newport is perfect.

Well, I know this was a long post, but those were my favorite places in the USA. Well, I'm off. See you later!


No comments:

Post a Comment